I love graham crackers and recently shared the recipe to make homemade grammies . Easy and infinitely better than the blue box of cookies that shall not be named. Well, I got my embossed rolling pin. Check out my fancy schmancy graham crackers. Takes these bad boys to a whole new level.
I found embossed rolling pins on both Etsy and Amazon. I like geometrics but there are a bajillion designs available including cartoon characters, flowers, hearts, just about anything you can imagine.
My pin is approximately 6 inches in width. My method is to roll the dough to 1/4 inch thickness, chill for a couple of minutes and then use the embossed pin for the last roll. Cut the dough into 6 inches strips or the approximate width of the pin. Press firm enough to create the embossed pattern and roll just once. STAMPTASTIC!
- 3/4 pound strawberries, thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups ricotta (10 ounces), fresh if you can find it, a full-fat store bought if you cannot
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Adapted — barely, as the recipe was just about perfect — from Food & Wine
- Make toppings: In a bowl, toss the strawberries with the remaining 3 tablespoons of sugar and the lemon juice. Let stand until syrupy, 20 minutes. In a medium bowl, mix the ricotta, confectioners’ sugar and lemon zest.
- Assemble tartlets: Spread about 1 tablespoon of the ricotta mixture on each graham. Arrange the strawberries over the ricotta, drizzle with the syrup and serve.
- The strawberries are also delicious over ice cream or yogurt.