Yes, Biscuits Again!
The NYT recipe for spicy pork shoulder made quite a bit so to keep things fresh and interesting (the classic leftover dilemma), we looked for different ways to enjoy our Instant Pot Pulled Pork. We quickly discovered all that pure porky goodness goes well with just about anything. Like…BISCUITS. I pulled out Bon Appetit’s recipe, BA’s BEST Buttermilk Biscuit, which had caught my eye during one of my many biscuit quests. The leftover pulled pork gave me an excuse to make biscuits (as if I needed an excuse to make biscuits, who am I kidding?) and it proved to be a winning combination.
Verdict: These are pretty damn good biscuits. Don’t wait until you have pulled pork to make these. They are fabulous with just butter and honey. But when you do make that spicy pork shoulder, make a batch of these bad boys to go along!
Variation 1: Good Morning! Biscuits slathered with butter and honey on a plate next to a mound of pulled pork and 2 eggs, scrambled, soft, runny..breakfast plate ecstasy.
Variation 2: Lunch anyone? Biscuit, still warm, split in half and piled with pulled pork and a perfectly cooked sunny side up egg. First bite, egg yolk oozes down and all over the pork and biscuit making it even yummier (yep)..ultimate biscuit sandwich.
Variation 3: For the home team! A yummy slider-biscuit, pork, slaw, Q-sauce, football/basketball on TV..GAME DAY food at its finest.
- 2½ teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour, plus more for surface
- 1 cup (2 sticks) chilled unsalted butter, cut into ½-inch pieces, plus more, melted, for brushing
- 1 cup chilled buttermilk
- These are really good, flaky, buttery everything you want in a biscuit.
- The recipe can be found here BA's best buttermilk biscuits There is a video on how to make these biscuits at the end of the recipe. If you are a biscuit making newbie, it is well worth watching.