I know, I know…who would have thought, delicious brownies from a cookbook based on the TV show Friends…go figure! Trust me they are really good.
Absolutely Best Brownies
Kid friendly brownies! Let them cool and rest before eating!
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate (like Ghiradelli's, no need to use $$$ stuff)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2/3 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (mini-chips preferred)
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Butter an 8 inch square pan and line with parchment.
- Melt butter and chocolate together. Mix in sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla, and the 2 eggs. Mix well and then add flour mixture (flour, salt, baking powder) and stir until combined. Do not overmix. Fold in chips and nuts.
- Spread in pan and bake approximately 25 minutes. Brownies are done when a toothpick inserted halfway between the edge of the pan and the center comes out clean. Try not to overbake!
- Special occasions call for a chocolate ganache made with 1:1 heavy whipping cream and melted semi-sweet chocolate blended and poured over the top and left to set. Totally boss.